October 15, 2008

Fuck Racism

There is just so much wrong with THIS.

Sometimes people surprise me...sadly, this didn't surprise me one bit.

1. The term 'monkey', in reference to Black people, is just as bad as the 'N' word.
2. He turned a simple symbol of childhood into something horribly offensive.
3. The fact that people were laughing makes me believe this country hasn't learned from its mistakes.
4. If that's what it means to be a 'good American', then I must be a horrible one, and I'm glad.

I know you can't completely judge someone by who supports them, but, if these are the kind of people that support McCain/Palin, why vote for them? We should move forward, everyone, not stay stuck in the past. Why let that portion of Americans, who still think it's okay to degrade other humans and fellow constituents, win? If that happens, they'll never see that their way of thinking is outdated and wrong.

I'm not the type of person that rambles on about politics to just anyone, but sometimes you just have to speak up, loudly and to anyone who will take a moment to listen. I hope everyone is registered to vote. Our generation is so lazy sometimes that it pisses me off. We're always complaining, always wanting a change, yet we don't do jack about it. Let's cut all the whiny bull and actually try to make a difference. When will it be enough? When will we start to get so mad that we all come together? When are we going to stop being apathetic and amused and start being appalled? I think now is a perfect time. Can we stand for something, please?

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything." Alexander Hamilton

No comments: