Figured I would do this, seeing as how it's all the end of the year and junk.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Participated in a medical study. Holla.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I doubt I made any resolutions, and if I did I obviously didn't keep them--I forgot them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No. I don't think. A lot of people around me like to have children, though, so maybe.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A friend from high school. RIP Mike :(
5. What countries did you visit?
I never left this country (The US of A)
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Money, for Pete's sake, and a summer job.
A passport--I'll need it eventually.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 8 - 21st birthday!
June 14 - Mike
November 4 - Election day.
December 4 - Completed the first draft of a full-length screenplay!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Completing that screenplay.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Probably this last semester of classes. Geeze! (edit: My grades we AWESOME last semester, go figure!)
Not having a summer job.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I think I was fairly healthy this year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A long board. I wish the weather was better so I could get better at riding it.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Besides school, I have no idea.
But really, to movies and books.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Writing. The most I've done...ever.
Finding 'Roseanne' on DVD
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
'With You' - Chris Brown
'Paper Planes' - M.I.A.
Tons of others.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier...but that's not saying much.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter...nah, around the same.
c) richer or poorer? BROKE as usual.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Going to class...ha. It was just Shakespeare...I just couldn't do it.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
What others wanted to do.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At Grandma & Grandpa's house.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes. But not with someone.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
SVU, My Boys, The Big Bang Theory, Family Guy
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
I reread The Bell Jar and I think that was my favorite. But I also read books by Jen Lancaster and Caprice Crane which were awesome.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Demi freaking Lovato. Haha.
She & Him
26. What did you want and get?
A long board.
27. What did you want and not get?
An orange iPod/Laptop.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Juno, No Country For Old Men, Martian Child
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 21 and went out to a bar with my mom, a couple friends and other family members at midnight. Then during the next day I went to Emerald Queen Casino with my mom and a friend (and won almost $200!).
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Writing more, reading more
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Lazy--not sloppy though.
32. What kept you sane?
Closing my bedroom door and watching movies.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Tina Fey (she's the first person that came to mind)
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay Rights (Marriage, adoption, etc.)
35. Who did you miss?
Roseanne Barr...she should do something more with her career, I miss her.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
There's a few.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Just say 'NO' -- and that has nothing to do with drugs.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"It seems today, that all you see / Is violence in movies and sex on TV / But where are those good old fashioned values on which we used to rely?"
- Family Guy theme song.
For a few reasons:
1. I watch the show a ton.
2. It's true.
3. It's just so catchy to sing.
4. It's on right now and I can't think of something else.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Title Song: 'Auld Lang Syne' - Robert Burns (Poem)