September 20, 2008

I Went the Wrong Way. But I'm Not Lost, It's a Good Mistake.

It has been a while since I posted anything here, in Blogland. Things have been a tiny bit crazy lately. Not too off the wall, but it has been keeping me busy.

I'm in the opening ice breaker called 82,769 Signatures. Our rehearsals are three hours long. They get kind of overwhelming and unfocused. I think the show actually has a cool concept, I'm just really tired of the rehearsals, so I'll be glad when it's over. I'm actually surprised I even got cast in the show. I honestly do feel there were better people for the role. I'm happy I did, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I wonder if I should be on the stage while others are sitting in the audience. Then again, I feel that with just about every show I'm in--and since I'm not a theatre major, I feel I'm taking away from the actual majors.

Anyhoo, classes have been going on for a little while now. They kind of just seem like the background music in a car commercial--not really all that important. But I guess that happens, I'm sure things will start changing a bit.

But speaking of classes, I'm having a hard time in my fiction class. I spent my summer working on a screenplay--getting back into the structure of fiction writing has been really hard. I feel I've been unsuccessful. Well I got feedback from a classmate on my first assignment and it wasn't at all uplifting, but my professor seemed to like the piece and thought it only needed minor tweaking--so the mixed signals are not helping.

Also on the writing front, I finished writing a 10 minute stage play. I think it is an okay story, I need to get some criticism on it. I sent it to my mom to read and I'm excited to hear what she has to say. I want to find some others to give it the once or twice over, too. Maybe one of the professors in the theatre or english departments. I guess we'll see.

My first week at work, with the kiddies, went rather well. I'm really enjoying myself so far--which is more than I can say for the majority (if not ALL) of last year. I think the staff this year is awesome and the kids are being so well behaved, it is almost like a completely different group of children--I LOVE IT.

I think I'm going to get a tattoo tomorrow (or rather, today) and I'm also planning to get one of the new iPod Nanos in the near future. I want the orange one real bad.

I should probably get to bed. I'm so happy it's the weekend, but I forgot I can't sleep in tomorrow because I have to be at the theatre for tech at 9.45am. Which means I'll be getting up at like 9.20 and throwing on sweats and a hoody before heading out.

Oh, I have also bought 10 more movies (since the semester started) to add to my collection: Harriet the Spy, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the Gene Wilder version. I love Johnny Depp, but that was one pair of shoes he shouldn't have tried to fill), The Baby Sitters Club, Hard Candy, Reno 911: Miami, Bobby, Sydney White, Rocket Science, The Addams Family & Addams Family Values. I now own 77 movies. That may not seem impressive to some people, but it should be consindering that most of them were purchased in the last 6 months. Oh wait, or is that just sad?

Until next time.

Title Song: 'Hanging On' by Cheyenne Kimball

No comments: