October 5, 2008

And For All These Reasons, I Have Decided to Scalp You and Burn Your Village to the Ground

This was a lazy weekend. I spent most of my time in my room watching Roseanne and random movies. Tonight I cleaned and slightly rearranged my room. It is such a relaxing feeling when everything is all tidied up. I also went to the Gallery Theatre this weekend and saw Chicago. It was really good, I'm happy I went. Definitely the highlight of the whole weekend. It was so much better than the last show I saw there, so that was refreshing.

Early this weekend, while I was at a party, someone said to me, 'Nigga, please.' Now, this really made me mad because I don't ever say it, and I'm Black. I don't particularly like it when people of my race use it, but I especially don't like it when people of other races use it. I don't like people to call me 'nigga', I don't see it as a term of endearment--I find it offensive. I know rappers use it in their songs, so if you choose to say the word while you're singing the song, go ahead, but keep it in the privacy of your bedroom. What you do in privacy is your business--keep it that way. If it's edited out of the radio/music video versions, then you probably shouldn't say it. 'Well,' you say, 'swear words are edited out as well, but we say those.' So on that note, by all means (if you must call me out of my name), call me a bitch, ho, slut, etc.--but don't call me 'nigga'. I have never been, I am not now, nor will I ever be, your 'nigga'. Thank you.

Moving along...

I'm excited that it's October because I always look forward to the '13 Days of Halloween' on ABC Family.

Schedule:

Sunday the 19th: The Witches, Gremlins, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, TMNT II: The Secret of the Ooze, TMNT III. Starting @ 11.30am
20th: The Haunted Mansion (Yeah...the one with Eddie Murphy) @ 8
21st: Scariest Places on Earth @ 10
22nd: Beetlejuice @ 8 -- I'm pretty excited for this one. I love this movie.
23rd: The Addams Family @ 8, Scariest Places on Earth @ Midnight.
24th: Addams Family Values @ 8
25th: Casper Meets Wendy (My favorite Hilary Duff movie...I should own it), Teen Witch (Another awesome movie I should own), Hocus Pocus (This one, too), Tim Burton's Corpse Bride, Scooby Doo (gag). Starting @ 11am
Sunday the 26th: Teen Witch, The Addams Family, Addams Family Values, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride, Beetlejuice, Poltergeist. Starting @ 11am
27th: Godzilla @ 8
28th: Scariest Places on Earth @ 10
29th: TMNT, TMNT II, TMNT III. Starting @ 5
30th: Scooby Doo, Scooby Doo 2: Monster's Unleashed, Scariest Places on Earth. Starting @ 7
31st: Poltergeist @ 7.30

Sadly, towards the end of the 13 days, the movies get repetitive...but oh well, it gives me a chance to catch certain movies if I miss them the first time around. I feel like they should play Hocus Pocus more than once, but oh well. I'm sure it'll be all over television this month, especially on the Disney Channel. They should also play Casper Meets Wendy more than once, too. I own The Addams Family & Addams Family Values, but I'll probably turn them on at some point.

Title Quote: Wednesday Addams (Christina Ricci) - Addams Family Values

1 comment:

Don said...

No Monday Night Football in your near future?