October 1, 2008

I Never Dreamed That I Would Climb Over the Moon in Ecstasy

...But nevertheless, it's there that I'm shortly about to be.

I've been working on my screenplay more lately, it's really nice to be getting things accomplished. In just the short time since the show has been over, I've added about seven or eight pages; I'm just about to 60 pages now. I was thinking that if I write 10 pages (minimum) each week, I'll have it done by early November. Then I can spend the rest of the sememster sprucing it up and getting feedback.

In the time since I last wrote about movies, I have bought more: The Amateurs, Death at a Funeral, Good Burger (I know!), King of California, Martian Child, Savages, She's the Man, There Will Be Blood. That brings my total to 85, plus 3 seasons of Roseanne. However, while I was rearranging my movies, I noticed that I'm missing Georgia Rule. I actually really like that movie, so I'm pretty sad about it. It's kind of a comfort movie, I like to have it on in the background when I'm getting ready for bed or something and it's my movie. I want it back.

I practiced longboarding today. I'm not too horrible at it, I just need to learn how to turn better. I ride with my right foot in front and push with my left, which, apparently, makes me 'goofy-footted'. Fun fact.

I got my frist two paychecks from work today. I love payday. Let me prove it to you with a little scene.

FADE IN:

INT. FICTION CLASS - DAY

Jamika is sitting in her workshop group. The group is talking about the short stories they have just written.

BOY:
So who wants to go first?

GIRL:
Oh, I don't mind. Anyone want to go next?

BOY 2:
Well, my story isn't all the way done yet, but I wouldn't mind going on Wednesday.

JAMIKA:
Ooh!

They look at her expectantly.

JAMIKA (CONT'D):
Tomorrow's payday.

Strange looks all around.

FADE OUT.

The previous scene was based on actual events--names were changed to protect the innocent.

Just a little bit ago, Brittany and I went outside and threw old apples to the street down below. Well, we tried throwing them to the sidewalk across from us first, but they didn't break. So we ran down to get them and then threw them towards the street. The small splat sound had a slight satisfaction to it. I guess we're simple people.

It's just about 2AM...I should go to bed! I don't want to though. I feel I'm wasting time when I sleep. I'm anxious about something. But what? I wish I could say.

Title Song: '(I've Got A) Golden Ticket' - from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

1 comment:

Bryan said...

i totally didn't know you have a blog! although i'm not surprised. i'm also not surprised that a song from willy wonka was stuck in your head.
it's okay if you made a comment, whatever. i've only ever read Sula by Toni Morrison, but I'm interested in reading more, like The Bluest Eye, because apparently that's good.