November 25, 2008

You're A Trainwreck

You know what I don't understand? Girls who stay with guys who treat them like S.H.I.T. (That's not an acronym, I just wanted to put some emphasis on it and italics just won't do it.) I was out with my aunt and uncle--we were with a guy that my uncle works with and his GF/Friend with benefits/chick on the side, etc. He was a jerk (to her only) the whole night. Dick (we'll call him, because that's what he is) called her a bitch repeatedly, said she was crazy, egged her on--made her feel like crap, basically. If I were in that situation, I would have peaced out. No guy is worth that kind of BS.

People (especially women) have enough issues with self-esteem to sit around and take crap from a guy who, by the way, isn't even physically attractive. So, he really has no reason to be putting anyone else down in the looks dept. That girl just needs to move on. After a while she finally called her brother to come pick her up (smart), but went and sat outside in the cold on the sidewalk (not smart). I've grown up in this neighborhood and I wouldn't sit out there at night--drunk and alone. Sad to say, but she'll probably be back in a couple of days, putting up with the same BS.

I'm getting close to finishing my screenplay. I'm excited. I want to get it done ASAP, so I can spend some time editing it over Christmas break. I also want to work on another story I've been trying to work out in my head, I think it could be fun. I can't wait to be done with this. It'll be the first longer piece of work that I've completed--I've heard it gets easier to complete full-length works once you've completed one. Not that it's ever easy. I still want to write a children's book--I think it'd be fun.

You know what's fun to say? Sheboygan! Every so often (actually pretty frequently) I come across words that are fun to say multiple times in a row. So, have at it, because it's probably one of the better ones I've come across in a while. Though, antithesis is always fun. But, in all honesty, I've said Sheboygan more times today than most people will say...well, ever.

I got a text message today from someone and it was very nice and out of character for this person. I didn't know how to respond. I was polite, however, and sent a text back--but, boy, was it tough.

It's almost Thanksgiving!

Title Song: 'Trainwreck' - Demi Lovato

1 comment:

Bryan said...

i love that your title was trainwreck...that song was stuck in my head a few days ago. so is sheboygan a real word? or just something random? i'm tempted to look it up. I think it's cool that you're almost done with your screenplay! that's awesome. I'd like to read it when it's all finished, if that's cool. And yeah, you can read my story. And I do have 30 Rock, so you can borrow it when you get back. Maybe over Jan Term since I won't be here, I'll just let you babysit all my dvds, and you can watch whatever you want haha...so................sorry, i'm bored.