November 21, 2008

I'm Leavin', Never To Come Back Again

Wow! It's been forever since I last wrote anything.

I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving. I haven't been home since I left for school--such a long time, it seems.

Excuse me while I rant for a moment...I try really hard not to be the type of person that tries to change the way someone is because something they do is a pet peeve of mine. However, I think it would be for the good of human life if people could learn how to close their mouth as they chew. It really isn't that hard, is it? One of my roommates chews extremely, extremely loud. I had to leave the room the other night when she was chewing gum. I'd feel bad for typing this on the Internet, where I know she could stumble upon it with little effort, but I've already told her that she chews really loudly and so I don't feel an ounce of guilt for this. But, honestly, I don't see how chewing that loud doesn't annoy more people.

I've noticed that when I hand around some people, I'm a pretty negative person. I feel like some people are just so engulfed with dislike for other people, that it's all they can talk about. I dislike people, as we all do, but I think I'm going to make more of an effort to stop talking about them so much. I'm going to stop letting them take up all of the thoughts and energy I could be putting towards something else. Yeah, I think I'll be better for it.

I submitted a ten-minute play to the KCACTF competition. I'm pretty nervous about it. I hate waiting to hear back about something. I'm also not feeling like I've got the best of luck these days. But I guess we'll see. I wish they would post something on the website that says when we could expect results.

Speaking of writing. I've been trying to finish up my screenplay for my seminar class. I'm having a hard time. I'm stuck on page 87/88 and I have to get to 110 pages. But I wrote a bit today, so we'll see how many pages that adds to it. I've found that I get more writing done when I'm not at my computer. So I basically carry a composition notebook around with me, EVERYWHERE. I get most of the writing done in my Shakespeare class and before work starts. Sometimes I write when I'm in my fiction class--which would be fine if I wasn't supposed to be paying attention to the discussion. I'm kind of doing the minimum in most of my classes because I'm so ready to just get this done with, it's all I can focus on. Even when I'm having a block, instead of working on something else, I try hard to get through it--which is probably the opposite of what I should do.

I had something else I wanted to write about, but I should probably go to bed, so I'll save it for another time.

Oh, and, Yay for Barack Obama and Joe Biden!! (Don't let the small shout out fool you, I'm extremely happy.)

Title Song: 'Leavin'' - Jesse McCartney

No comments: