August 28, 2009

My Fist Thinks You're Ugly and Would Tell You to Your Face

Well, I have 114 days until I graduate. The countdown is on! Woo! Haha.

Anyhoo, classes start in 5 days. Not rubbing it in to those of you who have already started classes (Zaida), or to those of you who are not starting classes but would like to. I'm looking forward to most of my classes this semester. 75% of them.

Classes:
.Directing
.Approaches to Religion
.Spanish 105
.Fiction

Can you guess which class I do not want to take?
That's right, Approaches to Religion. I don't know if that surprises anyone. But, it's just one semester, I guess I can stomach it...but I won't enjoy it.

Auditions for the ice breaker are on the first day of classes. It's going to be Too Much Light, apparently. I'm excited. It's been done twice since I've been here and I was never involved, so here's my chance :]

So, I've been perusing YouTube and I've decided to share some fun videos with you guys. Yeah, you're welcome.

So these next two videos are from a group called Jam'N. The first video is their cover of 'Knocks You Down' by Keri Hilson (Feat. Neyo and Kanye West). It only has a part of the group singing. Then the second one has most of the group singing. They're doing a cover of 'Lately' by Divine.



That's probably one of the best covers of that song that I've listened to.



This song is apparently by Divine, however I remember more fondly the cover that Samantha Mumba did (which is still on my iPod). That's a little throw back to way old school Disney (pretty sure it was Zoog Disney times).

Okay, up next is Amber Tamblyn (of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants fame) doing some original poetry. She's really good. Makes me want to write more of my own.



For this next video, let it load and then skip to 2:55. There's a long intro and banter, so at 2:55 is when the poem starts. It's definitely worth it.




Well, hope you all enjoyed.

Title Quote: 'Hate: A Love Poem' - Amber Tamblyn

1 comment:

scribblesofdreams said...

yeah yeah, stupid people who start in september. >_< but i did drop my math class. :) no retard math for me. hopefully when i take the placement test again i'll place higher than retard math.

you might end up liking your religion class. or at least it may not suck so bad. i'm not a fan of religion, but i ended up really liking my Hawaiian religion class last semester.

let me know how the auditions go.

i've watched a few videos by Jam'N, one of them being the Divine cover. they're pretty good. i like them.

and Amber Tamblyn!! A) loved her on Joan of Arcadia. B) She's got a new book coming out in September, a book of her poetry. i was thinking of getting it. when i found out she was a poet, i was kinda stoked. i like her.
C) she's got a new show that's on ABC i think, The Unusuals. it's funny.