November 2, 2009

A Fox Trot Above My Head, A Sock Hop Beneath My Bed

A disco ball is just hanging by a thread.

A note to my subconscious mind:

Dear Subby,

I think it's time we had a talk. There are many times when I appreciate what you do for me. For example, when I am writing a short story or working on a screenplay, you are always there to fill in the holes, make connections throughout and urge me to edit a line that is good, but could be better. However, recently, I have only been able to focus on the disturbing images you place into my mind as I sleep. These nightmares need to stop and I'd really appreciate it if you would just communicate directly with Conscious Mind so we can work together to get rid of whatever it is that is bothering us so much.

Cheers,
Jamika

Title Song: 'Fireflies' - Owl City

1 comment:

scribblesofdreams said...

"Fireflies" is a fantastic song. I like Owl City in general.

I kinda wished I had nightmares. I don't remember the last time I had one.

***

I don't know how I'm getting to the airport since we have no car, and I don't know anyone that could take me, but somehow I will get my ass on that plane to visit you guys. :)