December 10, 2009

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Remember, back in the day, when the Disney Channel was "Zoog" themed? How about when The Famous Jett Jackson, So Weird and Bug Juice were the staples of the Disney line up? What about when the channel featured music by people other than the stars of their most current shows? Yeah, those were the good days.

Remember B*Witched?


I definitely do. I used to LOVE their music, and their Irish accents. They only had two albums, and I think I really only paid attention to their first one, but I was obsessed with that one album.  C'est La Vie and Rollercoaster were my two favorite songs. I was super excited when they played part of the song in the movie Smart House.



Haha, I've forgotten how corny 90s videos were.


Next up? Oh, just a delightful girl group from England that goes by the name of (Spice Girls) Cleopatra!

The sisters from England were awesome. I still have some of their songs in my iTunes library (as well as some B*Witched). I used to jam the eff out to their songs. Along with Cleopatra's Theme (the video below), I also enjoyed: Life Ain't Easy, Don't Suffer in Silence, A Touch of Love and The Bird Song.  Apparently, they are still active as a group today. I had no clue until I took a trip down memory lane. That's a recent picture of them up there. I'm going to have to look up some of their songs after I post this, I'm interested in hearing what they sound like now.


I thought this was such a cool music video, watching it brings back so many good feelings. Oh, and for those of you who have recently heard me mention them, if you look at video at the 2:14 mark, you will see a prime example of "Dookie Braids". All of the girls in the video (basically) have them, but that girl's braids made me cringe and flashback to the 90s when I would fight to not have my hair done that way.

Well, that's it for this Throwback. I had a good time listening to all of this music. You guys aren't too much younger than me, but there's a strong probability that if you don't know of one of these groups, its probably Cleopatra.

I leave you guys with an X and an O.

Title Song: 'C'est La Vie' - B*Witched

2 comments:

Brittany Dalberg said...

CLEOPATRA COMIN' 'ATCHA. LIFE! It ain't easy! It's ain't easy!

Wow I didn't even watch the video, just the photo and name sparked that pre-teen memory.

And I was OBSESSED with So Weird! I loved Fi and all her creepy glory. Then Annie or whatever her name was came and destroyed the whole show.

scribblesofdreams said...

WHOA. Dude. I seriously forgot all about Cleopatra!! But once I saw those goggles on the girls' head and the clothes, I remembered that music video. Wow.

They still play Jett Jackson on Disney XD. I watched it a few times.

BUG JUICE WAS MY FIRST REALITY SHOW I WATCHED!! Ahahaha. That show was way cool, and made me wanna live on the mainland so bad! We don't have any camps like that here at all.